Yesterday I wanted to crash after lunch. How do people make it all day? I motivated myself to pick up B, go by the grocery store, and cook dinner as planned. I pulled this recipe from a Whole 30 meal plan I saw posted. (I added onion hamburger buns and roasted red potatoes as a side — oops.) It was good, and I’m thinking about scratching the meal I’d planned for tonight in favor of leftovers!
This isn’t my first time cooking turkey burgers. I’ve made even simpler ones with just Mrs. Dash, avocado stuffed turkey burgers, and even chipotle bacon turkey sliders. Apparently I have a thing for them.
These were fairly simple, and I was able to fix supper while B was entertaining herself in her jumperoo thing. She pretty much rocks.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½-3/4 of one jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 medium size shallot, peeled and minced
- zest and of one lime
- 2 T chopped cilantro
- 1 t paprika
- 1 t cumin
- ½ t sea salt
- ½ t black pepper
- guacamole (optional)
- pico de gallo (optional)
- poached egg (optional)
- Sweet Baby Ray’s (not optional in our house)
- Place turkey, herbs, spices and lime in bowl and use hands to mix well.
- Form into four patties.
- Place pan on medium heat.
- Add olive oil to bottom of pan.
- When pan is hot, place patties in pan and cook for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Top with guacamole, pico de gallo and poached egg if desired!