Sunday morning, after a fun Saturday night out and celebrating two of our best friends, I got up bright and early and started chopping celery to put together dinner. I plan to make it again and again, I liked it that much. We even had leftovers for supper last night.
- 1½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (4.5 oz) cans diced green chiles
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Toppings (optional): Cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add chicken and the rest of ingredients. Cover and place on high for 3 to 4 hours or low 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks then add back into the slow cooker. Season with additional salt and seasonings if needed.
- Spoon chili into bowls and top with favorite toppings.