3 T unsalted butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
1 cup Arborio rice
1/2 cup dry white wine – I used chardonnay because it’s the only white I had at home and I forgot to take my driver’s license in to Publix so they wouldn’t let me buy any pinot grigio.
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 pound peeled shrimp
2 cups baby arugula
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 T chopped fresh parsley
1. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until absorbed.
4. Add half the broth (1 ¾ cups) and simmer, stirring once, until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the remaining broth and simmer, stirring once, until the rice is tender and creamy, 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Fold in the arugula, parmesan, lemon zest, and the remaining tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle with the parsley and additional parmesan, if desired.