Much to D’s surprise, when he came home on Friday night I was in the kitchen cooking. Here’s what I whipped up:
1 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 chipotle pepper, minced
2 teaspoons adobo sauce from the can of chipotle peppers in adobo (found in the international section at Publix)
2 T olive oil
8 slices sharp white cheddar cheese
8 slices bacon
8 hawaiian solls (dinner size rolls for sliders), toasted
2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
2 teaspoons adobo sauce from the can of chipotle peppers in adobo
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the sliders:
1. In a large bowl, combine turkey, salt, pepper, garlic, chopped chipotle pepper and adobo sauce. Mix until just combined. Form the turkey into equal-sized patties, about 8 burgers, though I usually make mine the size of the buns I have so you might get up to 10 sliders.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the turkey sliders and cook until golden and brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes each side. A minute or so before the sliders are done, add a slice of cheese on top of each and allow it to melt.
3. Top each slider with a few pieces of the fried bacon. Spread the avocado mayo on the bottom (and top, if desired!) of the bun and add the slider. Serve!
For the avocado mayo:
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mash until combined.
2. Continue to mash and stir until smooth (you can add it to a food processor if you want it super smooth). I added some salsa to mine as well!
I used some of the remaining bacon to add to my twice baked potatoes as our side! It was delicious and we enjoyed a Friday night dinner on the porch.