The weather in Columbia is one moody being. There were snow flurries on Saturday as Ashley and I ran the Red Shoe Run and then yesterday I was walking around in a tank top.
As we got our first true glimpse of colder weather this weekend, Ashley told me about a soup recipe she loved, so I took her word for it and got our Ninja crock-pot ready to go on Sunday.
- 1 lb. ground Italian pork sausage
- ¾ cup onion, diced
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1¼ t garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup vanilla almond milk (in place of whipping cream)
- Cook your sausage in a large skillet and brown over medium heat
- Drain and set aside
- Place your onion and bacon to the skillet and saute over medium heat until the onions are translucent.
- Place sausage, onions, bacon and garlic in your crock-pot along with remaining ingredients
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Add your kale and almond milk to your crock-pot an hour before finished.
- Stir before serving
Delicious! D raved about it. What’s not to love — Italian sausage and bacon!? Winner.