Friday night, some friends of mine came over to my apartment to hang out. I never ever have anybody over to my place, so I was excited about having company.
I knew right away I wanted to make Hummusapien’s chocolate hummus recipe as soon as I’d seen it. So Friday, I headed to the grocery store as soon as I left work and got to putting it together.
- Drain chickpeas and rinse very well. Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend for a full two minutes. Scrape down the sides and blend a bit longer, or until very smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- I served it with honey wheat pretzels and apple slices. I think next time I might try it with graham crackers, too.
I also made a queso dip I’d never fixed before.
2 lb. block of white velvetta cheese
2 5 oz. cans of green chiles
1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk
1. Add ingredients together in a crockpot.
2. Blend and serve.
I think next time this really needs to be fancied up a bit.
It wasn’t much, and neither is my apartment, but they make me happy.
I also made a new sign for my front door for Halloween, since it is one of my favorite holidays. I love pumpkin carving and trick or treaters and all things ghoulish — at least when it comes to the holiday!