Yesterday, I anticipated a busy day after a long weekend at the beach. It went a little bit like this:
I also got to check out Barre 3 last night for the first time. I loved it. As a yoga lover, it was really my style. And thankfully, I had dinner waiting on me when I got home.
1/2 cup chicken stock – I used bouillon, which I usually do.
4 red bell peppers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced into half moons
3 garlic cloves, minced – I used garlic from the jar.
juice of 1 lime
1 cup salsa – I bought Trader Joe’s chipotle salsa. It was not really hot at all.
2 lbs of chicken breasts
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Pour the chicken stock into the bottom of the crockpot.
2. Add peppers, onion, garlic, lime, and salsa. Stir to mix.
3. Place chicken breasts on top.
4. Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to top of the chicken breasts.
5. Cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
6. Shred chicken.
You can serve it with flour tortillas. D added cheese and sour cream. I had them plain and plan to have them sans tortillas as a healthy lunch of leftovers.
I needed to make some breakfast for the week as well so I revisited an old recipe and switched things up a bit.
1/2 a red bell pepper, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Stir ingredients together.
3. Pour evenly among 6 muffin cups.
4. Cook for 20 minutes.
I microwave them in the morning for a bout 45 seconds and then eat them for breakfast. It makes for an easy, healthy breakfast without having to do a lot of thinking and honestly, very little prep from the front end.