Last night I craved pizza and wine, so after a quick trip to Trader Joe’s to pick up the essentials, I headed straight to the kitchen. Here’s what I bought and did:
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Thaw out pizza dough for 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat up a pan on the stove top and drizzle a little olive oil in it. Slice up a package of Sweet Italian Style Chicken Sausage (it’s delicious and has red and green peppers in it, too!). Cook sausage slightly on stove top. Then taste a little for your appetizer.
3. Flour your countertop before rolling out pizza dough until it’s 12 inches in diameter. Place pizza dough on lightly greased oven sheet.
4. Top with Trader Joe’s pizza sauce. (I used the entire carton.)
5. Top with a light layer of quattro formaggio – a parmesan, asiago, fontina and provolone blend from Trader Joe’s.
6. Layer the chicken sausage on top of the cheese. Add sundried tomatoes. Somewhere in this process I asked D’s roommate and my friend, Bob, about the sausage and cheese consistency and he responded to me “you can never have too much cheese or meat, Kristin.” And thus became my theme for the pizza.
7. Add another layer of cheese. I also added some Vermont Sharpe White Cracker Barrel cheddar cheese I had leftover. Add more chicken sausage.
8. I think I may have sprinkled more cheese at this point. And like 6 more chicken sausage slices. D was pretty pleased.
9. Cook for about 20 minutes and enjoy!
It was delicious. I feel as though Trader Joe’s should pay me for this tasty endorsement. Alas, my money just keeps going to them and their delicious food and also? The bottle of Apothic that served as my side dish.