For Friendsgiving, I decided to make brie (because I love it). Here’s the recipe I ended up making up.
Baked Brie with Preserves
1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls – I used the leftover to make crescent rolls with Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter inside. DELICIOUS.
1 round of brie cheese – I could only find a 6 oz round after visiting 3 grocery stores in Forest Acres.
1. Unroll the crescent rolls and form a square.
2. Place brie in the center and top with raspberry preserves.
3. Fold crecent dough over the top of the brie and turn the entire thing over so that the top is smooth.
4. Cook according to crescent roll instructions at 375 degrees for about 12-15 minutes.
My sister in law made a delicious side for Thanksgiving that could also be served as a dessert. I decided to make it for Friendsgiving and it was just as delicious.
Apple Cranberry Crisp
2 cups cranberries
3 cups sliced peeled apples
1 cup granulated sugar
1 t lemon juice
1/4 t salt
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
5 T butter, room temperature
1. Combine cranberries, apples, granulated sugar, lemon juice, and salt; turn into a shallow, buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
2. Combine brown sugar, oats, and flour. Cut in butter. Spoon over cranberry-apple mixture.
3. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until topping is crispy and fruit is tender.